CSS Exam in Pakistan
CSS is the abbreviation of Central Superior Service. CSS Exam is directed by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad for the recruitment of competition posts (BS-17) with the administrations under the Federal Government.
- Postal Services Group
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Office Management Group
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
- Customs and Excise Services
- District Management Group
- Foreign Service of Pakistan
CSS Exam Criteria
CSS Exam is Contained in four sections:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voice
Eligibility of CSS Exam
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree or having a second division from an institute recognized by HEC.
Age for CSS Exam
- Age must be 21-30 years
- Age relaxation (2 years )
Centers of CSS Exam
- Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Abbottabad, Bahawalpur, D.I.Khan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Khuzdar, Larkana, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Okara, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sialkot, Skardu and Sukkur.
Places of Interview
- Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar Karachi, and Quetta.
How to Apply for CSS Exam
- The ad is published in September every year.
- Fill Online Application Form on the authorization site of FPSC and take print of a similar online structure.
- Send a printed copy of the online structure alongside duplicates of your reports and bank receipt to the FPSC selection center, Islamabad.
You should know basic things about CSS before you apply
- The age of the candidate for the CSS test determined by the Federal Public Service Commission is 31st December at the time of applying.
- This implies for applying for CSS 2019, your age on 31st December 2019 should not be over 30 years or under 21 years.
- The competitor needs to show up in the four pieces of CSS Exam for written, medical, Psychological Test, and Viva-voce.
- Total twelve papers included six mandatory papers and six optional papers.
- The base emblem for qualifying compulsory paper is 40 % and for optional paper is 33 %.
- Applicants can apply for rechecking of their papers. The rechecking fee is RS. 500 for one paper.
- Applicants who are handicapped specifically, hearing/discourse disabled (hard of hearing &dumb), subject to the accommodation of declaration of inability gave by the capable authority assigned for the reason by the Federal/Provincial Government.
What qualification is required for CSS?
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 2nd division. The candidate should have ages between 21 to 30 years.
How many subjects are there in CSS?
CSS exam has 12 papers including 6 compulsory and 6 optional papers. Each paper carries 100 marks. CSS Exam has 1200 marks in total. Optional subjects for 600 marks are to be selected from the list given by FPSC.
What is the passing marks in CSS?
To pass this exam you need to score at least 600 marks. However, your allocation is possible if you score around 650 marks in the written exam and around 180 out of 300 marks in the interview.
What is the fee of CSS in Pakistan?
The written competitive examination application fee is RS-2200 For re-checking per paper fee is RS-500.
What is CSS age limit?
Age must be 21-30 years on 31 December 2021.
When should I apply for CSS 2021?
Application Submission Date: 5th October to 3rd November 2021. Test Date: February 18, 2022.
What is CSS stand for?
Central Superior Service. CSS Exam is directed by Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad.
What should I do for CSS in Pakistan?
Must be a citizen of Pakistan At least Bachelor's degree with 2nd division in any institute recognized by HEC.