TIPS FOR INTERVIEW
First of all Congratulations to All the Candidates who have passed Their PPSC Tests so far-I will discuss about TIPS FOR INTERVIEW.Below are all interview tips which is best for all.
1. Do research on your subject before the interview.
Being an English Lecturer Candidate, you should prepare at least one author of each genres of literature (a novelist e.g Thomas Hardy, a dramatist e.g Shakespeare, a poet e.g Robert Frost, a critic e.g T S Eliot, a short story writer e.g Edger Allan Poe or Hemingway) thoroughly as much as you can.
2. Practice interviewing by asking question from yourself. It might be better if you take help from one of your friend.
3. Best English skills is the key to success.
Being an English candidate, it’ll matter the most. ENGLISH can be merged into URDU but NO URDU in ENGLISH.
4. Go alone for practice.
5. Be prepared to meet other candidates.
6. Remember your education, training and experience—what you have done. Remember all the skills, abilities and talents you possess that will make you an excellent employee.
(These things can help you to impress the panel if you describe them sequentially and confidently)
7. Study General books, news paper etc.
8.Assemble all necessary papers/documents.
9. Keep in mind all your past experience of interviews, and try to avoid all the mistakes you did before.
1. How will you introduce yourself?
2. Have you researched for the post for which you are going to be interviewed?
3. Why you consider yourself most suited person for the post?.
4. Why do you feel you can do the job?
5. What makes you qualified for the job?
6. Do you know about job responsibilities?
#DRESSING AND #APPEARANCE****
1. All clothes should be neatly pressed. Try to wear new clothes.
2. Avoid UNUSUAL DRESSING.
( By this, I mean , don’t wear Pant Shirt/Three Piece/Waistcoat if you never tried it before.
3. Clean, polished shoe.
4. Clean and well-groomed hairstyle.
5. Clean, trimmed fingernails.
6. Empty pockets – no noisy coins.
7. No gum, candy or cigarettes.
8. On interview morning, give extra 30 minutes to your appearance.
This is the most important point in interview, failing which can out you from the list. So give much time to know about yourself. You must prepare these points.
1. Personal and Education
This part is used to give the interviewer relevant information concerning you personally and about your educational background. This does not include personal information such as marital status, children, etc. The education should be either the latest obtained and/or major field if relevant to job objective.
2 Past /Present Experiences
This part is used to share with the interviewer past and present work experiences relevant to the job objective.
3 Life / Career Objectives
This part is about your life / Career objectives. These objectives should relevant to the job.
4 Why you are here ?
You have the knowledge and work experience relevant to the job, that’s why you are here.
#APPEARING #BEFORE #THE #INTERVIEWER/DURING #INTERVIEW****
1. Open the door in a decent way, stand straight half in, half out, (don’t peek into room), and ask for the permission.
2. Be the first to say ,Assalam O Alaikum!
3. Sit on the chair saying thanks with a smiling face if they ask you to have a seat. Avoid crossing legs. Sit with balanced shoulder.
4. Introduce yourself with friendly speeches.
Show interest in what the interviewer is saying, by nodding your head and leaning toward him/her occasionally.
5. Give positive answers to negative-based questions.
6. Make frequent eye contact.
7. Keep a smile on your face during the interview.
8. Answer politely, and try to relax.
9. Admit when you don’t know.
10. Provide accurate information.
11.Keep friendly environment with the interviewers.
(Limited as you should know your limits)
12. Listen carefully to the questions asked. Ask the interviewer to restate a question if you are confused.
13. Answer the questions in the language in which you are asked.
14. Don’t try to be over confidant.
Make positive statements.
#THINGS TO #AVOID****
1. Poor personal appearance.
2. Lack of interest.
3. Poor knowledge about your future and past experience.
4. Poor eye contact with interviewer.
5. Irrelevant answers to question.
6. Inability to express self clearly; poor voice, poor diction, poor grammar.
7. Lack of planning for career, no purpose or goals.
8. Lack of confidence and poise, nervous, ill at ease.
9. Making excuses.
10. Lack of maturity.
Thanks the interviewers for their time.
Say ‘Salam or Khuda Hafiz’ at leaving the chair****
#Wish U #Best of #Luck****